Thank you for showing interest in speaking at this year’s TEDxIB@YorkSchool.
When preparing for your talk you may want to consult the following resources:
1) Preparing Speakers – http://www.ted.com/pages/inviting_tedx_speakers
2) Click here for last years student speakers - http://www.youtube.com/playlist
3) TED Talk 411 - http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/how-to-deliver-talk-life/
4) Slide Design Tips – http://www.ted.com/pages/tedx_presentation_design
Student talks should follow the following guidelines:
Length: 7-10 min
Deadline for video submission: Thursday October 25th, 2012.
Submission process: When ready to apply please fill in the embedded form found here.
Selection process: We will be selecting the top 10-12 speakers based on the following criteria:
- Alignment to the theme. This years theme: “Taking on the world”
- Speaker presence – Ability to speak publicly, with poise, presence and passion.
- Supporting visuals, aids if used. (not mandatory)
- The overall structure of the talk – Does it make sense?
- Is the talk interesting and engaging?
Students will be contacted by email if selected for our event. Best of luck!!
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can I contact if I need help or have question?
2. Do I need to have slides ?
Not necessarily. Some of our best talks have been well told stories without slides. If you do use slides please follow these guidelines.
3. Are there prizes?
Yes ! – Past winners received an IPad and runner-ups won Ipods.