Dear Students, Teachers and IB Diploma Coordinators,
On November 14, 2012 The York School will host its third annual TEDxIB@YorkSchool and we want you to join us at this exceptional event!
This year’s theme is “Taking on the World.” Speakers will explore this theme from many different angles and we encourage you and your students to come and engage with their ideas, passions and stories throughout the day.
By registering you are signing up for an exceptional day of hearing fascinating speakers from all different fields give the greatest speeches of their lives. You will have the opportunity to talk with those speakers and with other audience members about their far-reaching ideas. And if you are an IB student you will have the opportunity to give a talk yourself!!!
TEDx attendees who are visitors to Toronto are also invited to continue the international experience with The York School the day after the event, November 15th.
This second day, called “Taking on Toronto”, will be a structured exploration of Toronto through video, photography, and audio. Groups of students will travel throughout the city, capturing perspectives of Toronto through their medium of choice, seeking to discover the diversity of our city.
There are seven ways to be involved:
1. Bring up to 12 Diploma students to attend.
2. Invite students to submit a 10-minute video of their own TED talk based on this year’s theme “Taking on the World.” If chosen, they will take the stage on November 14th.
3. Apply to have a musical or other artistic group from your school perform during the day.
4. Send us photos of your Diploma students’ artwork to put on display.
5. NEW for 2012: Have students apply to take part in our “Art Battle” where students’ will have the opportunity to reflect on the day’s theme on canvas!
6. Live stream the TEDxIB@YorkSchool conference for your entire school on November 14.
7. Post the attached poster around your school. See attached PDF.
The most distinct part of this event is that we have invited IB Diploma students from all over the world to come take part. In past years, students have attended TEDxIB@YorkSchool from as far away as Shanghai, Slovakia, and Florida. Come embrace the ‘international’ in the International Baccalaureate, as students share ideas and experiences from diverse areas of the globe.
Registration is now open! http://tedxibyork.com/
For more information please contact TEDxIB@yorkschool.com
See you in November!
The TEDxIB @ YorkSchool Team